Journyx (pronounced jer-nix) is a time tracking and project management software solution that
enables you to monitor all project costs (you only need an internet browser to work with our software).
The costs are divided into 3 different administrations: time- (timesheets), expenses- and
mileage/materials tracking. Each administration can be used separately or in conjunction with each other.
Journyx can be used 'in the cloud' (no software installations required, you only need an internet
browser and an internet connection) or you can install our software on a local server (your own windows, linux or unix server).
offers all the core functionality of Journyx with added functionality for
resource management and project scheduling (planning).
Schedule your projects (enter information like duration, work items like project tasks,
start- and end dates) to plan your projects.
Check which resources are available and assign them to the project tasks. Use the resource
availablity report to check the workload of your employees.
Estimate the upcoming revenue based on the resource assignment.
Journyx PX, like Journyx can be used 'in the cloud' or can be installed on a
local server (windows, linux or unix server).
￪ Top of Page
Journyx Free version
Journyx Free Version
offers almost the same functionality as the regular version of Journyx (some functionality is not available).
This version can only be used on one of your own servers (local installation) and up to 10 employees can use this software. There are no
advertisements or nag screens.
Not present in free version:
- No (rate) rules and policies
- No currency conversions
- No credit card or receipt image upload
- Limited number of import tools
Licenses, how many do you need?
You need a license for every employee who creates time, expense, material/mileage or project notes records.
￪ Top of Page
You don't need a license for employees that do not create the above mentioned records for themselves. For example,
you don't need a license for a person who only creates reports in Journyx or for a person who only approves time-, expense- and/or
A license becomes available again after 30 days non usage. Journyx (or Journyx PX) is scalable to thousands of users.
You can always add more licenses or scale down (only in the cloud version) in the maximum number of licenses.
Curious about what other customers think about Journyx?
Check out the customer successes
to read how Journyx helped customers in their timetracking processes.
Amy Bryant: Replace paper timesheets
Dan Reed: Journyx, Hosted & Flexible
￪ Top of Page
Angela Meek: Why Journyx
Make it easy for the user to enter data
covers your entire timetracking process. It makes it easy for users to enter their time and it supports the staff in gathering, validating and processing timesheets.
Data is collected (use your favorite internet browser) through
time entry (timesheets)
expense entry (expensesheets)
and mileage/material entry sheets.
It all starts with the data that employees submit into Journyx. It must be easy for them do to so; track time and expenses on the correct project or tasks so that the staff (managers, projectmanagers,
administrative personnel etc.) can monitor project progress and costs and act accordingly.
Journyx makes it easy for the end user to enter their data, for example:
- Predefine project and tasks on the entry screen so you only have to enter the hours (timesheet) or the amount of money (expensesheet),
- Only see the projects and tasks to which you need access to,
- National Holidays are predefined on the time entry screen,
- Overview of (the status) of all your sheets,
- Easily see how many hours of leave are remaining,
- Change your password yourself in case you have forgotten it,
- Use leave requests to handle your leave.
￪ Top of Page
Change the entry screens to your needs. Up to 5 columns available for specification of the entries, use a weekly,
a semi-monthly or a monthly period.
Display only the content that the user need, making the tracking of time by the user on the wrong projects or tasks less likely.
Collecting & validating sheets: Fast & Easy
Give your staff the means to collect all sheets easily and fast and validate the entered data!
The processing of the user data can proceed once the users have submitted their sheets. There are several
mechanisms within Journyx that will help you to make sure that the data is complete and correct:
- Automated validatation can be set up (for example 'Check that at least 40 hours are entered on the sheet') which are checked
when a user submit his/her sheet ,
- Approvals (timesheet and/or project approvals) will make sure that the entered data is validated
by the manager or projectmanager before the data is processed,
- Automated e-mails can be set up to remind users who are late to submit their sheet,
- Compliance reports will instantly show you the status of every sheet in the system
(for example: 'Nothing Entered Yet','Data entered','Submitted for Approval', 'Approved or Rejected').
￪ Top of Page
ONE CLICK COMPLIANCE OVERVIEW
Automatically send 'You're late' e-mails to employees who are late submitting their timesheet, run a compliance report to see the status of every sheet
(nothing entered yet, open, submitted for approval, approved or rejected).
Monitor project progress & costs
Once all the sheets have been collected and validated, data can be processed by the staff department or (project-) managers:
- By using the standard report generator or the optional module Reportlink, data can be viewed
from every angle (for example reports with actual hours or expenses per: customer, department, project, project task, user etc.).
You can add custom fields to the Journyx database so you can report on the level you want!
- Export data to other systems (export files, Journyx API (jxAPI) or through a standard or customized interface),
- By defining project approvers you can make sure that project managers will review the entered data to make sure that employees did not track time or expenses on the wrong
￪ Top of Page
PRINT, TRANSFER TO EXCEL OR EXPORT DATA TO OTHER SYSTEMS
Define reports and share the reports with other users. Use optional module Reportlink to automatically create pivot tables in Excel.
Is Journyx (or Journyx PX) the solution for you?
Here are some issues you might recognize which can be corrected or solved with using Journyx (PX).
If you don't recognize any issues or if your issues are not mentioned in the list, don't hesitate to contact us so
that we can help you decide if Journyx is the solution for you.
- You don't have any (or too little) insight in the spending of your (project) budget, in time and/or expenses,
- It's currently difficult to report on how much time is spent per project (per week, per month or any other period),
- The gathering of data (collecting the time data, chasing employees to get them to fill
in their time, checking the entered data, the cumulation of data, making invoices etc.)
takes up tons of time of the administrative departments,
- The administrative aspects of your current timetracking solution takes up a lot of time
(for example entering new users, creating and closing projects and tasks) and isn't very user friendly,
- Entered data on the timesheets are not checked or too late, thus delaying periodic management reports or billing procedures,
CAN YOU USE JOURNYX (PX)?
Tired of chasing after timesheets? Don't want to manually add up hours from different sheets? Do you want
to start using a cloud service?
￪ Top of Page
- Your current timetracking solution is not very end-user friendly (it takes the end-user too much time or it allows wrong entered data too easily),
- You want to lessen the burden of your administrative departments who process the entered data
(for example, you want to enable your end-users to see directly how many hours of leave remain,
or you want to electronically handle the leave requests or you want to send automated e-mails in case people are late with submitting their sheets),
- You want to get much more information out of your timetracking system without having to wait on someone
(consultant or developers) who needs to create it for you. You want to see information per employee,
per project, per customer, per department, per office, per country or on whatever level you use in your organisation.
You want to easily see the amount of billable and non-billable hours or the total amount of hours that people were sick, per month or per any period,
- You want to monitor more closely your internal processes (for example, how much time is lost due to computer or network malfunctions?)
to see if there are any processes that can be made more efficient,
- You want to enable your users to enter their data from any place in the world as long as there is an internet connection
(even when there is temporarily no internet connection Timesheet has a solution for you),
- You want to integrate your timetracking system with other systems you are using and you want to be able to make the integration
yourself or be free to select any development company who can do this for you (of course Journyx can create the desired integrations for you as well!),
- You don't want to host your timetracking solution, let somebody else handle the installation of patches,
upgrades, the availability and security of the connection to the application and the daily backups.
How to proceed? Learn more about Journyx
There are several ways to learn more about our software:
- Check out the Features page to get a global overview of the features of Journyx:
How does Journyx support data entry? What features are available to collect, validate and process dat?
- If you want to get an impression of the user interface, see and use a sample time entry screen or run some reports as a manager:
Use the Free Trial for 30 days. You don't have to install anything (a test environment with some test datas will be set up on one of our servers),
you just need an internet connection.
- If you want to test whether our software can be installed on one of your own servers or if you are going to use the free version of
Journyx, then download Journyx software. Included in the download is a 'Free Up to 10 Users' license key.
- If you want to view a demonstration where you can discuss your requirements, then schedule a demo. You will be contacted to set up a webmeeting.
- Contact us by phone, email or chat and we will help you in anyway we can!
￪ Top of Page
Chat online? • Download free version of Journyx? • Get contact information
Click on the image above to start a chat session. You don't need to install anything, a new window will pop-up.
If the chat is off-line you can leave us a message and we will get back to you (don't forget to leave an e-mail address if you want to get a reply :-).
Download Journyx if you want to install our software on one of your own servers. The download comes with a free license key for up to 10 users (freeware version without expiration date, nag screens and advertisements).
Journyx can be installed on Windows, Unix or Posix operating systems.
￪ Top of Page
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us, we will gladly help you decide whether our software can streamline your timetracking processes!