How does Journyx support user data entry?
- Users can use the internet browser they prefer.
- Users will only see the menu options they need.
- Users can only track time (expenses, materials/mileage) on projects and task to which they are given access.
- Entries can be automatically repeated in future periods (in fact entire sheets can be 'memorized').
- National holidays are predefined on the time entry screen.
- Users can set up their own preferences (slider bars, blank entry lines, starting page).
- Users can set up their own pull down project list,
- Accruals can be seen directly on the time entry screen (for example: use an accrual to automatically calculate remaining leave hours).
- Users can create reports or only run predefined reports.
- Users can always see all their timesheets (and/or their expensesheets and/or their mileage/materials sheets.
- Users can change their own password.
- Journyx PX: Users can have a weekly view of their task assignments scheduled for a given week, as well as unfinished assignments
from the previous week(s).
- Journyx PX: Users can request a change in the remaining hours for a scheduled project task (more or less hours needed).
￪ Top of Page
MAKE IT EASY TO TRACK TIME OR EXPENSES
Repeat entries from previous period(s), only see the projects and tasks that you need or create a project list with the projects you need at the moment.
Journyx Quick Solutions demonstration
Collecting, Validating & Processing Data
Collecting timesheets at the end of the period can be difficult. Has the sheet been submitted by the user, who did and who did not?
and Journyx PX
give you instruments to handle this process with ease:
- Set up automated 'You're late / Please submit your timesheet' email messages which will be send to the employee who has not submitted
their sheet on time.
- Set up automated email message that informs the manager of all his/her employees who are late with the submission of their sheets.
- Use compliance reports to immediately see the status of all the sheets per user. Sample available statusses: 'Approved', 'Rejected', 'Open', 'Submitted'.
Making sure that employees track their time on the correct project and/or task:
- Limit the projects and tasks per user so that the user will only see the projects and tasks that they are working on.
- Use rules that are checked when a user tries to submit his/her sheet. Rules can be like 'Enter at least 8 hours per day' or 'Enter at least 40 (or 36, 32 etc.)
- Use approval plans to set up approvals per sheet or per project. Multiple approvers can be defined and backup approvers (if the primary approver does not
approve or reject the sheet in time, the sheet will move to the approval queue of the backup approver).
- Entries on a sheet can no longer be changed after the sheet has been submitted (only authorised users can reopen sheets so entries can be changed).
When you've made sure that every data has been submitted and validated by approvers, you can process the data in mulitple ways:
- Use the standard report generator to create different kind of reports: time reports, expense reports, total costs reports, project status reports
(Journyx PX also features: Billable Forecast reports, Utilization / Chargebility reports, Scheduled Status reports and Assignment reports).
- Use the optional module Reportlink which turns your Excel into a Journyx report generator which creates automatically transfer data from Journyx
to your Excel installation (and creates automatically a pivot table for you if so desired).
- Export data to use in other systems through Excel, by using a standard interface, by using our standard Application Program Interface (jxAPI) or by
requesting a customized interface which will be developed by our Professional Services team.
￪ Top of Page
ONE CLICK COMPLIANCE OVERVIEW
Automatically send 'You're late' e-mails to employees who are late submitting their timesheet, run a compliance report to see the status of every sheet
(nothing entered yet, open, submitted for approval, approved or rejected).
USE STANDARD REPORT GENERATOR OR CREATE PIVOT TABLES IN EXCEL
Report generator included to create different types of reports (project status, (estimated hours vs actual hours), total cost reports, hours per project, task, or per customer. Use
optional module Reportlink to define Excel templates with Journyx data.
and Journyx PX
are very flexibel in terms of functionality. For example, if you don't want to use the expense administration, just remove
the menu option expenses from the entry screens. Don't want automated e-mails? Then don't activate this functionality! Want to use different time entry screens
within your organisation? Just make different entry screens, per user if you want.
Some configuration options:
- Different periods possible: weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly.
- Up to 5 columns available for specification of hours/ expenses (hide columns if you need less columns on the entry screen).
Check out some
sample screens with different number of columns
(from the maximum number of columns on screen to the minimum number).
- Rename the column headers on the entry screen.
- Change the logo and colors of different screen parts (logo background, menu bar, menu body etc.).
- Add html to entry screens or to the login page (i.e. system notifications)
- Different levels of approvals and audit trails possible.
- Activate automated e-mails (i.e. 'You are late', 'Your sheet has been approved/rejected', 'Dear manager, the following employees are late with their sheets').
Change the text of e-mails to your liking.
- Add custom fields to columns or user records (for reporting purposes).
- Predefine national holidays (and create a national holiday schedule for different countries).
- Use a currency conversion table to handle expense costs in different currencies.
- Set up requirements for passwords.
- Set up rules and policies to validate data when a sheet is submitted or to create cost related reports.
- Set up customized authorisation roles; Every individual who will access the system is considered a user. Users can have one of several different
roles that determine what abilities and access they will have.
￪ Top of Page
CHANGE THE JOURNYX USER INTERFACE!
Change the user interface: Use your own logo and company colors, change column descriptions and the number of columns on the entry screens. Define which menu options are available for
the different users (i.e. managers, reporters, timesheet administrators). Customize the e-mail text and settings, set up approval processes and much more!
Sometime in the future you might want to reorganize your Journyx data or you need a different Journyx environment to either test new upgrades or
train new employees and you do not want to do these things in your production environment. No worries, we've got you covered:
- Let us know that you need a temporary environment where you can install a backup from production so that you can do your thing without having to
worry about your production environment.
- If you have installed our software on your own server, then you can install our software on another computer (server, laptop). We will send you
a temporary license key so you can handle your data equal to the production environment.
- Journyx backup and restore commands are included ('backupdb' and 'restoredb') in the software. These allow you to restore the Journyx (PX) database
￪ Top of Page
NEED A JOURNYX TEST ENVIRONMENT?
Test Journyx upgrades or patches in a copy of your production environment. Install the Journyx software on a different machine,
ask us for a temporary license key (copy of your production key), restore a Journyx backup file and you're ready to go with a copy
of your production environment!
Chat online? • Download free version of Journyx? • Get contact information
Click on the image above to start a chat session. You don't need to install anything, a new window will pop-up.
If the chat is off-line you can leave us a message and we will get back to you (don't forget to leave an e-mail address if you want to get a reply :-).
Download Journyx if you want to install our software on one of your own servers. The download comes with a free license key for up to 10 users (freeware version without expiration date, nag screens and advertisements).
Journyx can be installed on Windows, Unix or Posix operating systems.
￪ Top of Page
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us, we will gladly help you decide whether our software can streamline your timetracking processes!